Sunday, October 3, 2010

Zhena's Gypsy Tea: Tropical Garden green tea









Steep time: 2-3 minutes

Ingredients: Sencha green tea leaves (organic/fair trade), licorice root, rose petals, cornflowers, natural tropical flavor, calendula, natural pineapple flavor.

Aroma: Dry, the tea smells like fruity licorice. After steeping, the tea smells like rose, licorice and green tea.

Packaging: The tea bag has that unique triangle shape which allows the tea leaves to unfurl, and it has a thread, which I like because I can take the tea bag out by hand. It's bag packaging is a plastic-mix material which is recycleable and I would imagine would keep the tea fresh for a long time.

Tea Leaf Quality: Tea pieces & tea leaves. Before steeping I saw small pieces of Beautiful striking blue cornflower. I don't see and rose petals however, even after taking the steeped tea apart (in pictures). The most confusing part however is that I found a piece of pineapple - which is confusing because the ingredients only state pineapple flavor. Weird.

Taste: I was pleasantly surprised by the taste! The strong smell of licorice is misleading (YAY!). As with most green teas (in my experience) the green tea flavor is overpowering to the other flavors, but, I am happy to say I taste a trace of rose (still don't see any petals) and a smidgen of pineapple. I wouldn't call the tea tropical, but it's very pleasant.




Aroma 5/10
Packaging 10/10
Price 7/10
Taste 7/10
Tea Quality 10/10

Overall 7.8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment