Monday, October 18, 2010

The Boston Tea Company: Pumpkin Spice






 
Steep time: 4-6 minutes


Ingredients: Ceylon Black Tea, Exotic Spices, Sunflower Petals, Natural Pumpkin Flavors

Aroma: Oooh la la. I unsealed the packet and was smacked-in-a-good-way with the powerful scent of spicy pumpkin! It took up my whole house, I felt like I had just opened a new season appropriate Yankee Candle.

The weather is still sunny in California (boo, I am a NY/NJ girl at heart and I love my four seasons), but this strong pumpkin and spice scent reminds me of the leaves changing colors, breaking out the cardigans and uggs (I know, I am so ashamed), and preparing for Halloween.

Packaging: While my sample tea comes in a clear plastic resealable bag, the tea for purchase comes in a dark resealable bag, which is great to keep the tea fresh.

Tea Leaf Quality: Beautiful deep tea and colorful sunflower petals. Large tea leaves.

Taste:  Yum! Like a calorie filled latte from an overpriced coffee lounge (used to be my fave). This tea is so so so flavorful! It tastes like the pie my grandmother used to make ..er buy (heavy in clove, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice) which is my all time favorite type of pumpkin pie. It is a fantastic taste, my taste buds were stunned. I added fat free french vanilla - because what good is pumpkin pie without whipped cream? - and I was in heaven. I will be making this all season long. 

Aroma 10/10
Packaging 10/10
Value: 10/10
Taste 10/10
Tea Quality 10/10

Overall 10/10

The Boston Tea Company: Pumpkin Spice

2 comments: