Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Boston Tea Company: French Vanilla Black Tea







Steep time: 3-5 minutes


Ingredients: Premium Chinese and Indian black teas, vanilla flavor.

Aroma: We all know how much I love vanilla (in case you don't it's a lot) This tea doesn't give off a strong vanilla scent when dry, and after steep you have to put your nose to the mug (picture me doing this please, go ahead and laugh) and really sniff to smell the scent, but when you do it smells like a warm vanilla sugar cookie.

Packaging: Packaged in an adorable tea bag sized hot pink box, sealed with plastic wrap, the tea bags are sealed in a paper package, no lining. The tea bags are made out of fiber, sealed with (sigh) a staple.

Tea Leaf Quality: Teensy tea flakes, a nice deep chocolaty color.

Taste:  I have loved everything I have tasted from The Boston Tea Company, so I was a tad disappointed by the flavor. I mean it definitely tastes like vanilla, but I tasted more of the actual tea. I tasted the distinct flavor of Indian tea for sure, and a little vanilla. It tasted a little fake for me, not what I expected.


Aroma 7/10
Packaging 7/10
Value: 9/10
Taste 6/10
Tea Quality 7/10

Overall 7/10
The Boston Tea Company: French Vanilla Black Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment