Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Harney & Sons: Vanilla Comoro





Steep time: 4-5 minutes


Ingredients: from website -Vanilla notes swirl in each sip of this tasty decaffeinated black tea enhanced by creamy vanilla from Comoros Islands. I could not find a more detailed list.

Aroma: Dry Tea smells like vanilla beans. I adore vanilla, so I wanted to just jump right in the bag. After steep, tea smells like butter cream vanilla frosting, the smell is to DIE for. I want to fill my bath tub up with this stuff and just let it seep into every pore... moving on..

Packaging: Packaged in resealable black bag, which is good for the tea, tea lasts longer and stays fresher in dark packaging. On website tea is available in triangle fiber bags, the best quality tea bags, and stored in a very pretty light creamy yellow tin, or bag, or you can buy it loose. I would personally buy it by the ton...

Tea Leaf Quality: Large tea leaves, they look and feel (and smell, oh the smell...) fresh.

Taste:  My taste buds were dancing, and singing. This tastes fantastic. It's a beautiful vanilla explosion. Just creamy and sweet but not fake sweet, a real sweet. Just so good. If it were caffeinated I would trade in my London Fog in a heartbeat, a hummingbird heartbeat. Now I have Katy Perry stuck in my head.


Side Note: Because I wanted my taste buds to explode, I added vanilla creamer and honey, the end result was fantastic, it really brought out the warmer notes in the tea.




Aroma 10/10
Packaging 10/10
Value: 10/10
Taste 10/10
Tea Quality 9/10

Overall 10/10

Direct Linkity Link

No comments:

Post a Comment