Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Trump Tea: Park Avenue








Pre-Warning: I have read other reviews on this tea, and have seen the super high reviews on this tea. I made sure my mug was soap free before starting my review. I hope I got a bad bag.

Steep time: 3-5 minutes


Ingredients: Organic white tea, organic marigold flowers, natural organic extracts of raspberry, orange and vanilla.

Aroma: Dry tea bag smells like a marigold scented chemical. After steeping tea smells like a marigold flower.

Packaging: Packaged in a biodegradable nice wrapper, feels like a lush package. Tea bag is a very nice loose fiber triangle shape, which allows the tea leaves to comfortably unfurl.

Tea Leaf Quality: Great tea leaves and pieces of marigold visible.

Taste: I feel horrible for what I am about to say, the tea tastes like soap. I seriously had to sip (and spit out) 10 sips "just to be sure". The cup was washed before sipping the tea, and rinsed very well (just like always before a review). I can't try it again since I only had one bag. I just hope I got sent a bad batch - I hate not liking such a pretty product with so much potential. I wanted to like the tea, the ingredients are a few of my favorite, and I was so excited to try this product.


Side note: Husband thinks I am a maniac (proven second night in a row) and was laughing as I stood over the sink and took sip after sip (and spit after spit..).



Aroma 5/10
Packaging 10/10
Price 6/10
Taste 0/10
Tea Quality 9/10

Overall 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment