Monday, November 29, 2010

Stash: Pumpkin Spice decaf tea






Steep time: 3-5 minutes

Ingredients :
Decaf Black Tea; Nutmeg; Cinnamon; Ginger Root; Natural Flavor of Pumpkin Spice; Clove

Aroma: Dry tea smells like fake/sweet pumpkin: dislike, after steep the scent of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger take over, its delightful.

 
Packaging: Tea is packaged in an aluminum foiled packet.

Tea Leaf Quality: Rich and colorful tea flakes & other ingredients.


Taste:  It tastes like a bland chai tea. I do taste some pumpkin, must it's muted by the other spices. I added french vanilla creamer and honey (my Lose It! app was not happy) and I was still underwhelmed by the flavor. I tried a second cup with a 6 minute steep (first cup I only did 4) and there wasn't much of a difference. Disappointing as I LOVE pumpkin.



Aroma 6/10
Packaging 9/10
Value: 10/10
Taste 5/10
Tea Quality 8/10

Overall 7/10



Stash: Pumpkin Spice

2 comments:

  1. What I don't understand about this one (I recently had the same feeling about Bigelow's Decaf Constant Comment) is why they even include tea in the blend to begin with. Decaf tea is so bland; if caffeine is a concern, and if pumpkin and spice are the main flavors, why not just keep it an herbal blend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had some pretty good decaf tea, Harney & Son's Vanilla Comoro being one of my favorites, but this one gives all decaf a pretty bland name. I shouldn't have expected much once I read the ingredient list, which has pumpkin flavor as the last ingredient. Stash is so much better than this tea.

    ReplyDelete