Monday, November 29, 2010

Stash: Peppermint caffeine free herbal tea






Steep time: 3-5 minutes

Ingredients : Oregon peppermint leaves

Aroma: Dry tea smells like fresh sweet peppermint, after steep it smells like a stick of peppermint gum.

Packaging: Tea is packaged in an aluminum foiled packet.

Tea Leaf Quality: Deep and colorful peppermint leaves.


Taste:   Ahhh-mazing. I love peppermint, I love the smell, the fresh taste it leaves in your mouth, the tingle I get in my throat when I have it, the way I feel fresh and light afterward. This tea is great, it's fresh, it tastes clean, it is minty, and left my mouth feeling clean and cool. I am impressed by the single ingredient, but am perplexed as to what the different shades of green and white are in the tea mix.


I added french vanilla creamer (not fat free *sigh*, note to self: never send Don to do my specialty grocery shopping) and it made the tea get a different feel. Not so clean and fresh anymore, but sweeter and richer.


Aroma 9/10
Packaging 9/10
Value: 10/10
Taste 10/10
Tea Quality 8/10

Overall 9/10



Stash: Peppermint tea

2 comments:

  1. I rarely buy peppermint tea; my parents grow it at their house, and it's so strong and so little of it is needed to brew a powerful (and at times, overpowering) herbal tea, that we never even make a dent in the amount of the plant that we grow. We have to constantly pull out the peppermint to make room for other plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, (great name by the way!) that sounds fantastic. I can't grow anything, my silly dogs rip everything up, but one day I will own a house with a proper garden. I plan to have plenty of peppermint and lavender.

    ReplyDelete