Monday, November 29, 2010

Stash: Christmas Morning - black tea






Steep time: 3-5 minutes

Ingredients :
Assam, Ceylon, Keemun, Sumatra, Jasmine.

Aroma: Dry tea smells like Christmas Eve.. or just amazing jasmine and exotic  ceylon and sumatra. YUM! Rich, sultry, sexy (yeah I called tea sexy AGAIN) and just yum.

Packaging: Tea is packaged in an aluminum foiled packet.

Tea Leaf Quality: Rich and deep colored tea flakes.


Taste:  
SEXY! A well-balanced blend of malty (from the assam) and sweet (from the jasmine) the hint of floral sweetness blends with the brisk malty-ness (yeah) into a more complex blend than I expected. Subtly spicy, sweet, floral, smooth, delicious, and uh.. all things great. Tea had so many layers and they all hit you separately with each sip, also the mix of the taste and the strong (also layered) scent is fantastic. This shouldn't be a holiday only tea. I would stock up year round, if I had the cabinet space. 

When I added my french vanilla creamer (I will now start referring to this as my tea crack) I was impressed at the balance of the vanilla and the tea flavor. The vanilla didn't overpower the flavor, it added to it perfectly. 



Aroma 10/10
Packaging 9/10
Value: 10/10
Taste 10/10
Tea Quality 10/10

Overall 10/10



Stash: Christmas Morning

No comments:

Post a Comment