Thursday, September 30, 2010

Zhena's Gypsy Tea: Coconut Chai








Steep time: 3-5 minutes

Ingredients: Indian black tea, cinnamon bark, Ginger root, cardamom seeds, whole cloves, orange peels, nutmeg, black pepper, coconut flavor, natural cinnamon oil.

Aroma: out of the packet the tea leaves have a sweet cinnamon coconut smell. Very sweet. After brewing tea has a strong cinnamon/clove/nutmeg smell. I like those scents, luckily, because they took up my kitchen.

Packaging: I like that they named the tea bag "100% biodegradable couture tea sachet", I agree. It has that unique triangle shape which allows the tea leaves to unfurl, and it has a thread, which I like because I can take the tea bag out by hand. It's bag packaging is a plastic-mix material which is recycleable and I would imagine would keep the tea fresh for a long time.

Tea Leaf Quality: Tea pieces & tea leaves. Before steeping I saw small tea chunks, after steeping I realize they are actually curled up tea leaves. There are also chunks of clove and Ginger root, I see actual orange peels, I see the cardamom seeds, I'm happy.

Taste: the bag describes the tea as full flavored black tea accented with exotic imperial spices. I didn't taste so much coconut (a bit disappointing because it is in the name), I tasted a lot of cinnamon, nutmeg, and nut. I felt like I was drinking a strong nutty tea. I definitely still liked it! The bag recommended that I add milk, I added French vanilla creamer - YUM!




Aroma 8/10
Packaging 10/10
Price 7/10
Taste 7.5/10
Tea Quality 9/10

Overall 8.3/10

Available @ http://www.gypsytea.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment