Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tazo: Passion Herbal Infusion






Tazo® Passion™ is blended with exotic hibiscus flowers, natural flavors of mango and passion fruit, lemongrass and tart rose hips. The result is bold and flavorful.

Ingredients: Hibiscus flowers, natural tropical flavors, citric acid, licorice root, orange peel, cinnamon bark, rosehips, lemongrass, and fruit juice extract (color).
Steep Time: I guessed about 3 1/2 minutes, it did not say.

Aroma: WOW! This tea is jam packed with aroma. I can smell the fruity mango smell, I can smell the rose and I can definitely smell the hibiscus. Out of the package the tea is sweet, but not candy sweet, just floral and fruity, after steeping the tea aroma seems to fill up the whole front side of the house. Amazing and powerful aroma.

Packaging: It's packaged in thin paper- which while environmentally friendly- won't keep as fresh as tea packaged in aluminum. The tea bag itself is threaded, which is higher quality than that cheap waxy stuff that is sometimes used. 

Tea leaf quality: Large tea leaf flakes, varied color, texture shows through nice, not powdery, but not the actual leaf either. Average.

Taste: At first (right after steeping) the tea tastes sort of bitter (with no sweetener) but after I let it cool a bit, the bitter taste is gone, and its pretty flavorful. It has a strong lemon flavor, I can taste a hint of cinnamon, and when I add a little honey, I think it brings out (what I would imagine) a hibiscus tone.


Aroma 9/10
Packaging 5/10
Price 6/10
Taste 7/10
Tea Quality 6/10

Overall 7/10


Available @ http://www.starbucksstore.com/tazo-tea/

No comments:

Post a Comment