Friday, February 28, 2014

Chad's Chai: Green Peace

I have a secret to tell you! Green tea is my least favorite of all the teas. Seriously. I know, I know. during the green tea craze of 2003 I kept trying to gulp the stuff down in the name of antioxidants and amazing health benefits - Weight loss! Better focus and memory!! Bigger boobs!! (maybe that one I just made up) - and I hated it. I have tried to steer clear of the stuff since then, until today. 


I like it! I'm a sucker for mint, and once the light crisp scent of fresh mint hit me as I opened the packet, I knew this would be a keeper. A very clean tasting green tea (sometimes green tea tastes murky to me). I taste crisp spearmint (my absolute favorite), and the light sizzle of the peppermint as well. So good I didn't even add honey (the mint adds a slight sweet taste), but I will on my next cup just because I'm a sucker for sweets.

The packaging reminds me that I'm drinking something healthy. Very simple, but also is lined and will keep the tea fresh with the "resealable seal" (is that phrasing redundant?). The tea/mint leaves themselves are quality. Large whole and chopped pieces. All in all a fresh cup that I could definitely see myself adding to a daily routine. Maybe I will get bikini body ready by the summer 😉 - I read it online, it must be true! 

Aroma - 9/10
Taste - 9/10
Packaging 10/10
Quality - 10/10

Overall 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment