Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Aura Teas: Yunnan Pu Er Small Tuocha






Steep time: 5 minutes

Ingredients : Ripe Pu Er Tea leaves

Aroma: Smells like darjeeling, smooth, floral, rich.

Packaging: Tea is packed in a clear baggie, leaves are in a fiber ball.

 
Tea Leaf Quality: Large deep rich whole leaves.


Taste:   Funny story! I thought (illogically) that I could just throw the ball in the tea cup, WRONG. So I strained it in a large strainer and poured it into another coffee cup, and while I was washing out that coffee cup, my wonderful husband decided to pass wet chicken over my cup into a bowl... He warned that my tea filled cup "might" have raw chicken goop in it, so there goes my taste test. It smells wonderful, and I had a teeeensy taste, where i felt it tasted like a malty darjeeling, but I didn't get to really sit, sip and think about it. 

-1 hubby... Kudos to me for my smooth moves that got the second full tea cup sitting alone in a busy kitchen.

On a happy note, I will have fresh home made chicken tortilla soup within the next 15 minutes. +1 for my husband.

Aroma: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Value: 10/10
Taste: n/a
Tea Quality: 10/10

Overall 10/10


No comments:

Post a Comment